WE WANT YOUR BUSINESS:
Let us know what it takes to win your bathroom renovation work…
We are one of the leading Balmain bathroom renovation company’s – local & family owned
Let us show you why we are the right company (in price value & guarantee) for your specific job…
For A Date & Time That Suits You
Helping homeowners turn their dull, outdated bathroom into a stunning new space.
Choose from a variety of styles, colours and patterns to match your home, needs and budget.
Your Balmain Bathroom Renovation
Bathroom Renovation Sydney is dedicated to providing high quality products to homeowners throughout Balmain.
Whether you need a replacement shower, or a new bath tub, we have got you covered.
Our dedicated team of professional Balmain bathroom installers will get the job done right on time and on budget.
When undertaking a Balmain bathroom renovation project we aim to disrupt your life as little as possible. That’s why we take extra special care to work efficiently.
When you choose Bathroom Renovation Sydney, you can count on getting a professionally installed and superior looking finish that will make your Balmain home look great!
Contact us today to have one of our representatives walk you through your bathroom renovation options and schedule your free, no obligation in home measure and quote!
…….I could not be happier. The installers were on time and effectively communicated with my wife and I the steps they planned on doing in regards to the complete bathroom renovation. After they finished they cleaned up everything very nicely. We would recommend to anyone looking for bathroom remodelling.
Fill Out The Form Or
Call Us Now
02 8310 4821
Let Us Take the Lead on Your Bathroom Design & Installation
Time to update your bathroom fixtures, benchtops or tile?
Installing a bath tub or toilet doesn’t have to be a chore. Our professional Balmain bathroom installation service can have you enjoying your upgraded bathroom in no time. We have qualified Balmain bathroom installers for toilet installation, bathtub installation, shower installation, and shower door installation and much much more.
Need bathroom repairs? No problem.
Our trusted Balmain bathroom repairman know all the ins and outs of sink repair, toilet repair, and bathtub repair. If something can’t be fixed, we’ll guide you on the process to replace toilets, swap out shower doors, replace bathtub taps and find solutions for other issues.
Let us do the dirty work and contact us today.
INFORMATION GUIDE:- How much does a washroom renovation charge?
Bathroom Reconstruction Charges
The washroom is one of the most essential rooms of the residence and a renovate can improve great worth to your household. In this cost example we look into the variety of potential costs related with a washroom restoration.
In this guide:
- How long will my washroom reconstruction take?
- What contractors do I require for my bathroom renovation?
- Does my bathroom renovator need to be registered?
- Hiring|Engaging|Contracting} a bathroom renovator
- Complete washroom renovation charges
- Estimating your bathroom remodelling fees
- Shower screens
- Options to a complete bathroom reconstruction
When restoring a bathroom, charge is a considerable reason for choosing on style, qualities and comfort. But how much should you anticipate to budget for when planning a washroom remodel?
For an approximate figure, you can expect to spend anywhere between $10,000 to $35,000+. The amount can differ depending on the size of your washroom, the supplies used, as well as any labour costs. However, it is likely for a remodelling to amount under around $5000 if you are prepared to swap out a handful of items or carry on the renovate a mostly beautifying update.
Assume to spend extra if you are thinking of a total reconstruction or:
- Undertaking any physical work
- Want new features that call for added plumbing jobs
- Are moving plumbing from one area to another
- Substituting all wall and floor tiles
How much time will my bathroom restoration take?
Depending on the extent of the project, the remodelling will take time so allow anywhere from 1 to three weeks of labour. Factors that can affect this timeframe include:
- Any physical jobs
- Transferring plumbing and/or electrical components
- Having sizeable amounts of tiles to arrange
- Unexpected cases, like noticing asbestos in your wall or floor hole.
The research, preparation and design of the reconstruction, with no vital structural revisions, allow around 6 to 8 weeks for this period. This includes:
- Time to develop the design
- Picking out materials and fixtures
- Receiving estimates from a range of companies.
Which contractors do I need for my washroom restoration?
Wondering who you may need to employ for your bathroom project? These are the most common professions you will need to call on:
Washroom designers can manage and run your venture completely on your behalf, and time and again have all trades on staff to cover different aspects of the job. If not, they can coordinate sub-contractors. This will cost you more but will take the hassle out of any remodelling work.
If you are hiring individual trades:
Architects help to outline floor plans for your new bathroom, ensuring everything is plausibly laid out to match your lifestyle. Anticipate to invest for the benefit of their expertise.
Carpenters and cabinet makers can assist install custom storage in your washroom, such as a vanity, cabinetry or any other made of wood parts such as a new door or window.
Electricians can assist set up lighting, power points, boiler, ventilation and much more.
Painters will require to paint any spaces that are not covered by tiles or other components, if possible with a dampness and wear-resistant paint.
Plumbers are maybe the most vital tradie on your venture, so make sure you hire one who has a reliable track record of doing on bathrooms.
Tilers are another crucial trade who can make or break the appearance of your washroom. They also require to get small particulars right, like making sure your shower recess drains properly.
Waterproofers will use a variety of sealants and membranes to make certain your washroom is properly sealed – so you don’t have trickles developing up all over the place.
Always use contractors who are certified for your bathroom renovation.
Does my washroom renovator need to be licensed?
Most components of a washroom renovation, such as plumbing and tiling need the use of a licensed contractor. A whole washroom restoration will typically need a licensed builder, with some states having a licence specifically for bathroom and kitchen remodelling. Individual trades such as plumbers, waterproofers and sparkies all need to be skilled and licensed.
Hiring a washroom renovator
When it comes to time in employing a tradie make sure they are correct for your job. Some questions to ask then include:
- Are you licensed?
- Are you protected to work in my home?
- How long will my work take?
- Can you provide a written quotation?
- Do you have references I can follow up?
- Can I see examples of your work?
Complete washroom renovations charges
So how much will you have to pay? As a rule, anticipate to invest in the region of:
- $5,000 – $15,000 for a superficial makeover or smaller bathroom reconstruction using budget materials and fittings.
- $15,000 – $25,000 for an regular sized mid-range renovation using mid-range supplies and fittings
- $25,000+ for a high end washroom renovation using best of the range supplies and fittings.
The Housing Industry Association (HIA) found $17,000 to be the average price for bathrooms installed as part of a renovation in 2015.
The best way of working out how much your project will cost is to get a range of estimates from local corporations who specialise in remodelling bathrooms. You may be surprised how different they are.
Approximating your bathroom reconstruction costs
Some of the major fees to design for include:
- Plumbing, especially if you are transferring plumbing or installing new elements.
- Tiling, which could include floor and wall tiles.
- Frameless shower screen, semi-frameless shower screen or standard shower screen.
- Bath, which could be integrated or freestanding.
- Toilet, which could be a normal version or have an in-wall water tank.
- Vanity, typical or wall attached which looks orderly and gives you more floor space.
- Lighting, which could be task, general or mood.
- Waterproofing, to ensure your washroom doesn’t leak.
- Plumbers ask a call-out fee of $60 to $100, with hourly rates anywhere from $100 – $150 depending on the plumber. The fee your plumber asks will depend on where you stay and may differ according to the plumber’s ability level.
Foresee to spend:
- $80 to $250 to substitute and match bath or basin taps or a new shower head
- $160 to $550 to install a toilet, basin, sink or bath
If a plumber is estimating for a sizable project such as your bathroom renovation project, ask for an detailed estimate which specifies all the components they are charging for.
Only a qualified plumber can officially carry out any work on your plumbing system
The size of your washroom is going to be a major component in the cost of your reconstruction, and since so much of a washroom is tiled, you need to know what the limitations of your budget are. Expect to be estimated on a per square metre rate by bathroom tilers, which could range from $35 per square metre to $120 per square metre. $60 per square metre is the regular for setting washroom tiles. The amount of the actual tiles would be on top of this, so be sure to incorporate this in.
For wall tiles expect to pay from $20 to $28 per square meter for typical white ceramic wall tiles (600mm x 300mm) to $68 per square metre for steel grey polished porcelain wall tiles (150mm x 600mm). Shifting up in price expect to spend around $86 per square metre for handmade Spanish white gloss ceramic subway tiles (150mm x 75mm) and $159 per square metre for artisan manufactured ceramic wall tiles (200mm x 200mm).
For floor tiles expect to pay $35 to $50 per square meter for ceramic or porcelain tiles, $50 to $100 per square meter for high quality porcelain and $80 to $130 per square meter for high condition natural stone tiles.
Baths range in price from economical and versatile acrylic, to sturdy cast iron and pliable fibreglass to high end natural stone. Expect to pay anywhere from $350 for a plumber to substitute and fit a bath. New baths can range from as little as $400 to thousands of dollars, with stone freestanding versions at the upper end of the scale.
Shower screens vary in price based to their size and if they are framed, semi-frameless or frameless, with the last being the most costly. Foresee to pay in the region of $400 to have a basic edged shower screen installed. Frameless shower screens use thicker glass, and are consequently more expensive – foresee to spend in excess of $600 depending on the size and number of panels.
Depending on the toilet you take, these can cost from $150 to $750 or more for a floor-mounted hidden water tank or wall hung toilet. On average, a good standard floor-mounted glassy china toilet costs between $275 and $450.
Bathroom vanities range in price from:
- $467 for a 900mm wall hung vanity with hidden handles
- $849 for a 750mm floorstanding console vanity
- $999 for a 1500mm double bowl vanity
- $1360 for a 1200mm wall hung vanity with integrated ceramic basin
Expect waterproofing to charge anywhere from $500 to $750 for an average sized bathroom.
Alternatives to a complete bathroom reno
If you’ve estimated the cost of a dream washroom renovation and the cost is higher than you can pay for, there are ways to remodel your bathroom without breaking the bank. Some choices to a full bathroom remodelling include:
- Setting up a new shower screen
- Bath and basin coating
- Painting bathroom tiles
- Installing a skylight
* All the costs and prices estimated were sourced at the time this article was written. They are indicative, may vary locally, are subject to market powers and should only be used as a benchmark.
SIMPLE • ELEGANT • AFFORDABLE
We provide comprehensive expertise in Balmain bathroom renovations, styles, designs, & safety features with superior quality showers and bathtubs made from the undisputed best materials.