WE WANT YOUR BUSINESS:
Let us know what it takes to win your bathroom renovation work…
We are one of the leading Balmain East bathroom renovation company’s – local & family owned
Let us show you why we are the right company (in price value & guarantee) for your specific job…
For A Date & Time That Suits You
Helping homeowners turn their dull, outdated bathroom into a stunning new space.
Choose from a variety of styles, colours and patterns to match your home, needs and budget.
Your Balmain East Bathroom Renovation
Bathroom Renovation Sydney is dedicated to providing high quality products to homeowners throughout Balmain East.
Whether you need a replacement shower, or a new bath tub, we have got you covered.
Our dedicated team of professional Balmain East bathroom installers will get the job done right on time and on budget.
When undertaking a Balmain East bathroom renovation project we aim to disrupt your life as little as possible. That’s why we take extra special care to work efficiently.
When you choose Bathroom Renovation Sydney, you can count on getting a professionally installed and superior looking finish that will make your Balmain East home look great!
Contact us today to have one of our representatives walk you through your bathroom renovation options and schedule your free, no obligation in home measure and quote!
…….I could not be happier. The installers were on time and effectively communicated with my wife and I the steps they planned on doing in regards to the complete bathroom renovation. After they finished they cleaned up everything very nicely. We would recommend to anyone looking for bathroom remodelling.
Fill Out The Form Or
Call Us Now
02 8310 4821
Servicing Balmain East
Let Us Take the Lead on Your Bathroom Design & Installation
Time to update your bathroom fixtures, benchtops or tile?
Installing a bath tub or toilet doesn’t have to be a chore. Our professional Balmain East bathroom installation service can have you enjoying your upgraded bathroom in no time. We have qualified Balmain East bathroom installers for toilet installation, bathtub installation, shower installation, and shower door installation and much much more.
Need bathroom repairs? No problem.
Our trusted Balmain East bathroom repairman know all the ins and outs of sink repair, toilet repair, and bathtub repair. If something can’t be fixed, we’ll guide you on the process to replace toilets, swap out shower doors, replace bathtub taps and find solutions for other issues.
Let us do the dirty work and contact us today.
INFORMATION GUIDE:- How much does a bathroom restoration charge?
Bathroom remodelling Charges
The bathroom is one of the most vital rooms of the residence and a refresh can add considerable value to your household. In this cost example we delve into the range of possible costs connected with a washroom renovation.
In this guide:
- How long will my bathroom remodelling take?
- What tradies do I need for my bathroom renovation?
- Does my washroom renovator need to be registered?
- Hiring|Engaging|Contracting} a bathroom renovator
- Comprehensive bathroom reconstruction fees
- Assessing your bathroom restoration fees
- Shower screens
- Options to a complete bathroom reconstruction
When renovating a washroom, cost is a considerable factor for deciding on style, trademark and comfort. But how much should you foresee to budget for when planning a bathroom renovate?
For an approximate figure, you can anticipate to spend anywhere between $10,000 to $35,000+. The fee can be different depending on the size of your washroom, the materials used, as well as any labour costs. However, it is viable for a restoration to amount under about $5000 if you are willing to exchange out a few items or keep the refresh a largely improving update.
Anticipate to expend more if you are thinking of a complete restoration or:
- Taking upon any physical job
- Wish for new features that involve further plumbing jobs
- Are relocating plumbing from one area to another
- Replacing all wall and floor tiles
How much time will my bathroom restoration take?
Depending on the scale of the project, the restoration will take time so allocate anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks of labour. Factors that can affect this timeframe include:
- Any physical works
- Transferring plumbing and/or electrical components
- Having sizeable volumes of tiles to arrange
- Unanticipated cases, like noticing asbestos in your wall or floor space.
The exploration, setting up and model of the renovation, with no main structural changes, allocate anywhere 6 to 8 weeks for this period. This includes:
- Time to enhance the project
- Picking out supplies and fixtures
- Receiving quotes from a range of corporations.
Which tradies do I need for my washroom remodelling?
Wondering who you may need to employ for your bathroom assignment? These are the most common professions you will need to call on:
Bathroom designers can supervise and lead your venture completely on your behalf, and time and again have all trades on staff to provide services to different phases of the job. If not, they can arrange sub-contractors. This will charge you additional but will take the trouble out of any restoration job.
If you are employing individual trades:
Architects help to design floor plans for your new bathroom, ensuring everything is acceptably laid out to fit your lifestyle. Assume to invest for the benefit of their expertise.
Carpenters and cabinet makers can help set up custom storage in your bathroom, such as a vanity, cabinetry or any other wooden elements such as a new door or window.
Electricians can assist fix lighting, power points, boiler, ventilation and much more.
Painters will require to paint any parts that are not covered by tiles or other elements, preferably with a dampness and wear-resistant paint.
Plumbers are maybe the most important tradie on your project, so make sure you hire one who has a good track record of working on bathrooms.
Tilers are another key trade who can make or break the façade of your bathroom. They also need to get small particulars right, like making sure your shower recess empties correctly.
Waterproofers will use a selection of sealants and membranes to make certain your bathroom is properly sealed – so you don’t have trickles sprouting up all over the place.
Always use tradies who are licensed for your bathroom remodelling.
Does my bathroom renovator need to be certified?
Most parts of a bathroom restoration, such as plumbing and tiling require the use of a licensed contractor. A complete bathroom remodelling will typically require a registered builder, with some states having a licence particularly for washroom and kitchen remodelling. Individual trades such as plumbers, waterproofers and sparkies all need to be trained and certified.
Hiring a washroom renovator
When it comes to time in hiring a tradie make sure they are correct for your work. Some questions to ask then include:
- Are you licensed?
- Are you insured to work in my home?
- How long will my work take?
- Can you supply a written estimate?
- Do you have references I can follow up?
- Can I see examples of your work?
Complete washroom remodelling costs
So how much will you have to invest? As a rule, anticipate to spend in the region of:
- $5,000 – $15,000 for a superficial makeover or smaller bathroom remodelling using budget supplies and fittings.
- $15,000 – $25,000 for an normal sized mid-range reconstruction using mid-range materials and fittings
- $25,000+ for a high end washroom remodelling using best of the range supplies and fittings.
The Housing Industry Association (HIA) found $17,000 to be the regular price for washrooms installed as part of a restoration in 2015.
The best way of working out how much your project will cost is to get a range of quotations from local corporations who specialise in remodelling washrooms. You may be astonished how different they are.
Approximating your washroom renovation costs
Some of the major costs to design for include:
- Plumbing, especially if you are moving plumbing or setting up new elements.
- Tiling, which could contain floor and wall tiles.
- Frameless shower screen, semi-frameless shower screen or standard shower screen.
- Bath, which could be joined or freestanding.
- Toilet, which could be a standard version or have an in-wall cistern.
- Vanity, typical or wall attached which looks orderly and gives you more floor space.
- Lighting, which could be task, general or mood.
- Waterproofing, to ensure your washroom doesn’t leak.
- Plumbers ask a call-out fee of $60 to $100, with hourly rates anywhere from $100 – $150 depending on the plumber. The fee your plumber asks will depend on where you live and may differ according to the plumber’s ability level.
Foresee to pay:
- $80 to $250 to substitute and match bath or basin taps or a new shower head
- $160 to $550 to set up a toilet, basin, sink or bath
If a plumber is quoting for a big task such as your bathroom renovation project, ask for an specific quote which details all the parts they are charging for.
Only a certified plumber can legitimately carry out any work on your plumbing system
The size of your bathroom is going to be a main component in the cost of your restoration, and since so much of a bathroom is tiled, you need to know what the limitations of your budget are. Expect to be appraised on a per square metre rate by washroom tilers, which could range from $35 per square metre to $120 per square metre. $60 per square metre is the regular for arranging washroom tiles. The cost of the actual tiles would be on top of this, so be sure to incorporate this in.
For wall tiles expect to pay from $20 to $28 per square meter for normal white ceramic wall tiles (600mm x 300mm) to $68 per square metre for steel grey polished porcelain wall tiles (150mm x 600mm). Moving up in price foresee to spend about $86 per square metre for handmade Spanish white gloss ceramic subway tiles (150mm x 75mm) and $159 per square metre for artisan manufactured ceramic wall tiles (200mm x 200mm).
For floor tiles foresee to pay $35 to $50 per square meter for ceramic or porcelain tiles, $50 to $100 per square meter for high quality porcelain and $80 to $130 per square meter for high condition natural stone tiles.
Baths range in price from inexpensive and versatile acrylic, to tough cast iron and flexible fibreglass to high end natural stone. Anticipate to pay anywhere from $350 for a plumber to replenish and fit a bath. New baths can go from as little as $400 to thousands of dollars, with stone freestanding versions at the upper end of the scale.
Shower screens differ in cost according to their size and if they are edged, semi-frameless or frameless, with the latter being the most pricey. Anticipate to pay in the region of $400 to have a basic framed shower screen installed. Frameless shower screens use thicker glass, and are thus more costly – anticipate to spend in excess of $600 depending on the size and number of panels.
Depending on the toilet you take, these can cost from $150 to $750 or more for a floor-mounted unseen water tank or wall hung toilet. On average, a good quality floor-mounted vitreous china toilet costs between $275 and $450.
Bathroom vanities range in price from:
- $467 for a 900mm wall hung vanity with concealed handgrips
- $849 for a 750mm floorstanding console vanity
- $999 for a 1500mm double bowl vanity
- $1360 for a 1200mm wall hung vanity with joined ceramic basin
Anticipate waterproofing to cost anywhere from $500 to $750 for an average sized washroom.
Alternatives to a complete bathroom reno
If you’ve estimated the cost of a dream bathroom renovation and the amount is higher than you can pay for, there are ways to improve your bathroom without breaking the bank. Some options to a complete washroom renovation include:
- Installing a new shower screen
- Bath and basin resurfacing
- Painting bathroom tiles
- Setting up a skylight
* All the costs and prices estimated were sourced at the time this article was written. They are suggestive, may vary locally, are subject to market forces and should only be used as a guide.
SIMPLE • ELEGANT • AFFORDABLE
We provide comprehensive expertise in Balmain East bathroom renovations, styles, designs, & safety features with superior quality showers and bathtubs made from the undisputed best materials.