WE WANT YOUR BUSINESS:
Let us know what it takes to win your bathroom renovation work…
We are one of the leading Darlinghurst bathroom renovation company’s – local & family owned
Let us show you why we are the right company (in price value & guarantee) for your specific job…
For A Date & Time That Suits You
Helping homeowners turn their dull, outdated bathroom into a stunning new space.
Choose from a variety of styles, colours and patterns to match your home, needs and budget.
Your Darlinghurst Bathroom Renovation
Bathroom Renovation Sydney is dedicated to providing high quality products to homeowners throughout Darlinghurst.
Whether you need a replacement shower, or a new bath tub, we have got you covered.
Our dedicated team of professional Darlinghurst bathroom installers will get the job done right on time and on budget.
When undertaking a Darlinghurst bathroom renovation project we aim to disrupt your life as little as possible. That’s why we take extra special care to work efficiently.
When you choose Bathroom Renovation Sydney, you can count on getting a professionally installed and superior looking finish that will make your Darlinghurst home look great!
Contact us today to have one of our representatives walk you through your bathroom renovation options and schedule your free, no obligation in home measure and quote!
…….I could not be happier. The installers were on time and effectively communicated with my wife and I the steps they planned on doing in regards to the complete bathroom renovation. After they finished they cleaned up everything very nicely. We would recommend to anyone looking for bathroom remodelling.
Fill Out The Form Or
Call Us Now
02 8310 4821
Let Us Take the Lead on Your Bathroom Design & Installation
Time to update your bathroom fixtures, benchtops or tile?
Installing a bath tub or toilet doesn’t have to be a chore. Our professional Darlinghurst bathroom installation service can have you enjoying your upgraded bathroom in no time. We have qualified Darlinghurst bathroom installers for toilet installation, bathtub installation, shower installation, and shower door installation and much much more.
Need bathroom repairs? No problem.
Our trusted Darlinghurst bathroom repairman know all the ins and outs of sink repair, toilet repair, and bathtub repair. If something can’t be fixed, we’ll guide you on the process to replace toilets, swap out shower doors, replace bathtub taps and find solutions for other issues.
Let us do the dirty work and contact us today.
INFORMATION GUIDE:- How much does a bathroom reconstruction fee?
Washroom Restoration Fees
The bathroom is one of the most vital rooms of the house and a renovate can improve considerable value to your household. In this cost benchmark we delve into the range of potential costs related with a bathroom restoration.
In this guide:
- How long will my bathroom reconstruction take?
- What tradies do I require for my bathroom reconstruction?
- Does my washroom renovator need to be certified?
- Hiring|Engaging|Contracting} a bathroom renovator
- Complete bathroom renovation fees
- Approximating your bathroom remodelling costs
- Shower screens
- Options to a complete bathroom reconstruction
When remodelling a bathroom, charge is a considerable aspect for choosing on design, features and convenience. But how much should you foresee to budget for when planning a washroom refresh?
For an estimate amount, you can assume to pay anywhere between $10,000 to $35,000plus. The amount can differ depending on the size of your washroom, the supplies used, as well as any labour costs. However, it is possible for a restoration to cost lower about $5000 if you are prepared to trade out a couple of items or carry on the remodel a mostly beautifying update.
Anticipate to expend much if you are thinking of a complete renovation or:
- Assuming any physical work
- Desire new features that involve additional plumbing jobs
- Are rearranging plumbing from one area to another
- Changing all wall and floor tiles
How much time will my washroom reconstruction take?
Depending on the extent of the project, the remodelling will take time so allow anywhere from one to three weeks of labour. Reasons that can have an effect on this timeframe include:
- Any physical jobs
- Rearranging plumbing and/or electrical components
- Having sizeable volumes of tiles to arrange
- Unanticipated cases, like finding out asbestos in your wall or floor cavity.
The research, setting up and outline of the remodelling, with no great structural alterations, allow anywhere six to 8 weeks for this period. This includes:
- Time to enhance the project
- Selecting materials and fixtures
- Getting estimates from a range of businesses.
Which tradies do I need for my bathroom reconstruction?
Thinking who you may need to hire for your bathroom project? These are the most common trades you will need to call on:
Bathroom designers can supervise and lead your venture entirely on your behalf, and often have all trades on staff to work in different phases of the job. If not, they can coordinate sub-contractors. This will charge you additional but will take the hassle out of any reconstruction job.
If you are employing individual trades:
Architects help to sketch floor plans for your new bathroom, ensuring everything is plausibly laid out to fit your lifestyle. Assume to invest for the benefit of their expertise.
Carpenters and cabinet makers can help install custom storage in your washroom, such as a vanity, cabinetry or any other timber elements such as a new door or window.
Electricians can help install lighting, power points, boiler, ventilation and much more.
Painters will require to paint any parts that are not covered by tiles or other parts, if possible with a humidity and wear-resistant paint.
Plumbers are maybe the most vital tradie on your project, so make certain you engage one who has a good track record of working on washrooms.
Tilers are another vital trade who can make or break the look of your bathroom. They also require to get small details right, like making sure your shower recess drains properly.
Waterproofers will use a selection of sealants and membranes to make definite your bathroom is properly sealed – so you don’t have leaks growing up all over the place.
Always use tradies who are registered for your bathroom reconstruction.
Does my washroom renovator need to be registered?
Most parts of a bathroom restoration, such as plumbing and tiling require the use of a registered contractor. A whole washroom renovation will usually require a registered builder, with some states having a licence specifically for bathroom and kitchen reconstructions. Individual trades such as plumbers, waterproofers and sparkies all need to be skilled and registered.
Contracting a bathroom renovator
When it comes to time in hiring a worker make sure they are correct for your work. Some questions to ask then include:
- Are you licensed?
- Are you protected to work in my home?
- How long will my work take?
- Can you give a written quotation?
- Do you have references I can follow up?
- Can I see samples of your work?
Complete washroom reconstructions fees
So how much will you have to pay? As a guideline, expect to spend in the region of:
- $5,000 – $15,000 for a cosmetic makeover or smaller bathroom renovation using budget materials and fittings.
- $15,000 – $25,000 for an regular sized mid-range reconstruction using mid-range supplies and fittings
- $25,000+ for a high end washroom reconstruction using top of the range materials and fittings.
The Housing Industry Association (HIA) found $17,000 to be the regular worth for washrooms set up as part of a renovation in 2015.
The best way of working out how much your project will cost is to get a range of quotes from local businesses who specialise in reconstructing bathrooms. You may be surprised how different they are.
Approximating your bathroom renovation spend
Some of the major charges to plan for include:
- Plumbing, especially if you are moving plumbing or setting up new elements.
- Tiling, which could include floor and wall tiles.
- Frameless shower screen, semi-frameless shower screen or normal shower screen.
- Bath, which could be joined or separate.
- Toilet, which could be a standard version or have an in-wall water tank.
- Vanity, standard or wall affixed which looks orderly and gives you more floor space.
- Lighting, which could be task, general or mood.
- Waterproofing, to warrant your washroom doesn’t leak.
- Plumbers charge a call-out fee of $60 to $100, with hourly rates anywhere from $100 – $150 depending on the plumber. The fee your plumber charges will depend on where you reside and may vary according to the plumber’s skill level.
Foresee to pay:
- $80 to $250 to substitute and fit bath or basin taps or a new shower head
- $160 to $550 to fit a toilet, basin, sink or bath
If a plumber is estimating for a sizable project such as your washroom remodelling project, ask for an specific quotation which details all the elements they are charging for.
Only a certified plumber can officially carry out any work on your plumbing system
The size of your washroom is going to be a main factor in the budget of your renovation, and since so much of a washroom is tiled, you need to know what the boundaries of your budget are. Expect to be estimated on a per square metre rate by bathroom tilers, which could range from $35 per square metre to $120 per square metre. $60 per square metre is the normal for laying bathroom tiles. The cost of the actual tiles would be on top of this, so be sure to factor this in.
For wall tiles foresee to pay from $20 to $28 per square meter for typical white ceramic wall tiles (600mm x 300mm) to $68 per square metre for steel grey polished porcelain wall tiles (150mm x 600mm). Going up in price anticipate to spend around $86 per square metre for handmade Spanish white gloss ceramic subway tiles (150mm x 75mm) and $159 per square metre for artisan manufactured ceramic wall tiles (200mm x 200mm).
For floor tiles expect to pay $35 to $50 per square meter for ceramic or porcelain tiles, $50 to $100 per square meter for high condition porcelain and $80 to $130 per square meter for high quality natural stone tiles.
Baths range in price from economical and versatile acrylic, to tough cast iron and flexible fibreglass to high end natural stone. Foresee to spend anywhere from $350 for a plumber to replenish and fit a bath. New baths can go from as little as $400 to thousands of dollars, with stone freestanding versions at the upper end of the scale.
Shower screens vary in price according to their size and if they are enclosed, semi-frameless or frameless, with the latter being the most expensive. Foresee to pay in the region of $400 to have a basic enclosed shower screen installed. Frameless shower screens use thicker glass, and are thus more costly – expect to pay in excess of $600 depending on the size and number of panels.
Depending on the toilet you pick, these can cost from $150 to $750 or more for a floor-mounted unseen water tank or wall hung toilet. On average, a good standard floor-mounted glassy china toilet costs between $275 and $450.
Bathroom vanities range in price from:
- $467 for a 900mm wall hung vanity with hidden handgrips
- $849 for a 750mm floorstanding console vanity
- $999 for a 1500mm double bowl vanity
- $1360 for a 1200mm wall hung vanity with integrated ceramic basin
Expect waterproofing to cost anywhere from $500 to $750 for an average sized washroom.
Alternatives to a complete bathroom reno
If you’ve estimated the cost of a dream bathroom reconstruction and the cost is higher than you can pay for, there are ways to modernise your bathroom without breaking the bank. Some options to a full washroom restoration include:
- Setting up a new shower screen
- Bath and basin coating
- Painting bathroom tiles
- Fitting a skylight
* All the costs and prices quoted were found at the time this article was inscribed. They are indicative, may differ locally, are subject to market powers and should only be used as a model.
SIMPLE • ELEGANT • AFFORDABLE
We provide comprehensive expertise in Darlinghurst bathroom renovations, styles, designs, & safety features with superior quality showers and bathtubs made from the undisputed best materials.