WE WANT YOUR BUSINESS:
Let us know what it takes to win your bathroom renovation work…
We are one of the leading Tregear bathroom renovation company’s – local & family owned
Let us show you why we are the right company (in price value & guarantee) for your specific job…
For A Date & Time That Suits You
Helping homeowners turn their dull, outdated bathroom into a stunning new space.
Choose from a variety of styles, colours and patterns to match your home, needs and budget.
Your Tregear Bathroom Renovation
Bathroom Renovation Sydney is dedicated to providing high quality products to homeowners throughout Tregear.
Whether you need a replacement shower, or a new bath tub, we have got you covered.
Our dedicated team of professional Tregear bathroom installers will get the job done right on time and on budget.
When undertaking a Tregear bathroom renovation project we aim to disrupt your life as little as possible. That’s why we take extra special care to work efficiently.
When you choose Bathroom Renovation Sydney, you can count on getting a professionally installed and superior looking finish that will make your Tregear home look great!
Contact us today to have one of our representatives walk you through your bathroom renovation options and schedule your free, no obligation in home measure and quote!
…….I could not be happier. The installers were on time and effectively communicated with my wife and I the steps they planned on doing in regards to the complete bathroom renovation. After they finished they cleaned up everything very nicely. We would recommend to anyone looking for bathroom remodelling.
Fill Out The Form Or
Call Us Now
02 8310 4821
Let Us Take the Lead on Your Bathroom Design & Installation
Time to update your bathroom fixtures, benchtops or tile?
Installing a bath tub or toilet doesn’t have to be a chore. Our professional Tregear bathroom installation service can have you enjoying your upgraded bathroom in no time. We have qualified Tregear bathroom installers for toilet installation, bathtub installation, shower installation, and shower door installation and much much more.
Need bathroom repairs? No problem.
Our trusted Tregear bathroom repairman know all the ins and outs of sink repair, toilet repair, and bathtub repair. If something can’t be fixed, we’ll guide you on the process to replace toilets, swap out shower doors, replace bathtub taps and find solutions for other issues.
Let us do the dirty work and contact us today.
INFORMATION GUIDE:- How much does a washroom renovation charge?
Bathroom Renovation Fees
The washroom is one of the most needed rooms of the house and a renovate can add substantial worth to your home. In this cost benchmark we look into the range of possible costs associated with a washroom reconstruction.
In this guide:
- How soon will my washroom renovation take?
- What contractors do I need for my bathroom renovation?
- Does my bathroom renovator need to be licensed?
- Hiring|Engaging|Contracting} a washroom renovator
- All-inclusive bathroom remodelling charges
- Assessing your bathroom remodelling charges
- Shower screens
- Options to a complete bathroom reconstruction
When restoring a washroom, charge is a important reason for deciding on style, qualities and comfort. But how much should you expect to budget for when planning a washroom refresh?
For an estimate amount, you can anticipate to pay anywhere between $10,000 to $35,000+. The amount can differ depending on the size of your washroom, the supplies used, as well as any labour costs. However, it is likely for a restoration to charge under about $5000 if you are prepared to trade out a handful of items or carry on the refresh a largely beautifying update.
Assume to pay more if you are thinking of a whole remodelling or:
- Undertaking any structural job
- Want new features that involve further plumbing works
- Are moving plumbing from one area to another
- Replacing all wall and floor tiles
How long will my bathroom restoration take?
Depending on the scope of the project, the renovation will take time so allocate anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks of labour. Reasons that can have an effect on this timeframe include:
- Any physical works
- Relocating plumbing and/or electrical parts
- Having large volumes of tiles to assemble
- Unforeseen events, like learning asbestos in your wall or floor hole.
The study, planning and outline of the reconstruction, with no major structural changes, allow around six to eight weeks for this phase. This includes:
- Time to refine the design
- Picking out supplies and fixtures
- Getting quotations from a range of businesses.
Which contractors do I need for my bathroom renovation?
Thinking who you may need to hire for your bathroom project? These are the most common trades you will need to call on:
Bathroom makers can oversee and run your plan wholly on your behalf, and often have all trades on staff to work in different phases of the work. If not, they can arrange sub-contractors. This will charge you additional but will take the trouble out of any renovation work.
If you are employing individual trades:
Architects help to sketch floor plans for your new washroom, making sure everything is logically laid out to suit your lifestyle. Assume to pay for the benefit of their expertise.
Carpenters and cabinet makers can help install custom storage in your bathroom, such as a vanity, cabinetry or any other wooden parts such as a new door or window.
Electricians can assist install lighting, power points, boiler, ventilation and much more.
Painters will have to paint any parts that are not covered by tiles or other elements, if possible with a dampness and wear-resistant paint.
Plumbers are possibly the most crucial tradie on your venture, so make sure you employ one who has a good track record of doing on bathrooms.
Tilers are another crucial trade who can make or break the appearance of your washroom. They also have to get small details right, like making sure your shower recess drains properly.
Waterproofers will use a variety of sealants and membranes to make sure your washroom is properly sealed – so you don’t have drips developing up all over the place.
Always use tradies who are registered for your bathroom restoration.
Does my bathroom renovator need to be certified?
Most parts of a bathroom renovation, such as plumbing and tiling require the use of a licensed tradies. A complete washroom reconstruction will typically require a licensed builder, with some states having a licence specifically for washroom and kitchen renovations. Individual trades such as plumbers, waterproofers and sparkies all need to be trained and certified.
Hiring a washroom renovator
When it comes to time in hiring a contractor make sure they are correct for your work. Some questions to ask then include:
- Are you certified?
- Are you protected to work in my home?
- How long will my work take?
- Can you provide a written quotation?
- Do you have references I can follow up?
- Can I see samples of your work?
Complete bathroom remodelling costs
So how much will you have to pay? As a guideline, forsee to invest in the region of:
- $5,000 – $15,000 for a superficial makeover or smaller bathroom renovation using budget supplies and fittings.
- $15,000 – $25,000 for an regular sized mid-range restoration using mid-range materials and fittings
- $25,000+ for a high end bathroom remodelling using best of the range supplies and fittings.
The Housing Industry Association (HIA) found $17,000 to be the average value for bathrooms set up as part of a remodelling in 2015.
The best way of working out how much your project will cost is to get a range of quotes from local companies who specialise in remodelling bathrooms. You may be surprised how different they are.
Approximating your bathroom restoration charges
Some of the major charges to design for include:
- Plumbing, especially if you are moving plumbing or setting up new elements.
- Tiling, which could contain floor and wall tiles.
- Frameless shower screen, semi-frameless shower screen or normal shower screen.
- Bath, which could be joined or separate.
- Toilet, which could be a normal version or have an in-wall water tank.
- Vanity, typical or wall mounted which looks orderly and gives you more floor space.
- Lighting, which could be task, general or mood.
- Waterproofing, to warrant your bathroom doesn’t leak.
- Plumbers bill a call-out fee of $60 to $100, with hourly rates anywhere from $100 – $150 depending on the plumber. The fee your plumber charges will depend on where you reside and may vary according to the plumber’s skill level.
Foresee to pay:
- $80 to $250 to substitute and match bath or basin taps or a new shower head
- $160 to $550 to set up a toilet, basin, sink or bath
If a plumber is estimating for a sizable task such as your bathroom renovation project, ask for an detailed quote which details all the components they are charging for.
Only a certified plumber can legitimately carry out any work on your plumbing system
The size of your bathroom is going to be a main component in the cost of your reconstruction, and since so much of a washroom is tiled, you need to know what the boundaries of your budget are. Expect to be appraised on a per square metre rate by bathroom tilers, which could range from $35 per square metre to $120 per square metre. $60 per square metre is the regular for arranging washroom tiles. The cost of the actual tiles would be on top of this, so be sure to factor this in.
For wall tiles foresee to pay from $20 to $28 per square meter for standard white ceramic wall tiles (600mm x 300mm) to $68 per square metre for steel grey polished porcelain wall tiles (150mm x 600mm). Moving up in price anticipate to spend around $86 per square metre for handmade Spanish white gloss ceramic subway tiles (150mm x 75mm) and $159 per square metre for artisan manufactured ceramic wall tiles (200mm x 200mm).
For floor tiles expect to pay $35 to $50 per square meter for ceramic or porcelain tiles, $50 to $100 per square meter for high standard porcelain and $80 to $130 per square meter for high quality natural stone tiles.
Baths range in price from economical and versatile acrylic, to durable cast iron and flexible fibreglass to high end natural stone. Expect to spend anywhere from $350 for a plumber to substitute and fit a bath. New baths can range from as little as $400 to thousands of dollars, with stone freestanding versions at the upper end of the scale.
Shower screens differ in cost according to their size and if they are edged, semi-frameless or frameless, with the latter being the most pricey. Expect to pay in the region of $400 to have a basic enclosed shower screen installed. Frameless shower screens use thicker glass, and are consequently more expensive – anticipate to spend in excess of $600 depending on the size and number of panels.
Depending on the toilet you choose, these can cost from $150 to $750 or more for a floor-mounted hidden water tank or wall hung toilet. On average, a good quality floor-mounted vitreous china toilet costs between $275 and $450.
Bathroom vanities range in price from:
- $467 for a 900mm wall hung vanity with hidden handgrips
- $849 for a 750mm floorstanding console vanity
- $999 for a 1500mm double bowl vanity
- $1360 for a 1200mm wall hung vanity with joined ceramic basin
Expect waterproofing to cost anywhere from $500 to $750 for an average sized washroom.
Alternatives to a complete bathroom reno
If you’ve estimated the cost of a dream bathroom restoration and the cost is higher than you can afford, there are ways to renovate your washroom without breaking the bank. Some choices to a complete bathroom restoration include:
- Fitting a new shower screen
- Bath and basin coating
- Painting bathroom tiles
- Installing a skylight
* All the costs and prices quoted were sourced at the time this article was written. They are indicative, may vary locally, are subject to market powers and should only be used as a benchmark.
SIMPLE • ELEGANT • AFFORDABLE
We provide comprehensive expertise in Tregear bathroom renovations, styles, designs, & safety features with superior quality showers and bathtubs made from the undisputed best materials.